Extrusion moulding is the process where thermoplastics are used to manufacture tube like components, such as pipes, hosing, drinking straws and surgical tubing. AC Industries specializes in manufacturing silicone products for industrial and medical applications and these products are all manufactured under Chemform.
The process of extrusion mouldings:
- Thermoplastic granules are fed into the heating part of the machine.
- The material is then forced through a die.
- Once forced through the die, the tube or profiled material is referred to as the extrusion.
- Once cooled, the extrusion forms a solid yet flexible shape.
- This tube can be cut to any length.
This process is usually used when manufacturing a product that has a consistent profile and cross section.
Shapes that can be made from this process include T-, U-, I- , square-,and circular profiles.
Benefits of silicone moulds:
- Easy to shape
- Can withstand high temperatures
- Compression resistant
- Chemical Resistant
- Separates easily from casting
Applications of extrusion moulding:
- Surgical tubing
- Gasket seals
- Various types of profiles
We also manufacture HTV (high temperature vulcanizing) silicone compounds for casting applications.
Advantages of extrusion moulding:
- Low cost
- High output